很多中国留学生在留学初期喜欢寄宿在当地人家中,一为提高英语水平,二为熟悉西方生活习俗,更好融入当地社会,寄宿这一词语在北美一般被译为stay with a host family,而在其他英语国家被译为homestay。
能够经常有机会与西方人练习英语是很多寄宿学生选择寄宿的初衷,但最好是找机会、找话题与房东聊天,而不能不分场合、不看脸色死缠烂打地让房东与你练习英语。
一、General questions
I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Can you speak a little slower?
不好意思我没听懂, 能说慢一点吗?
Could you say that again, please?
您能再说一遍吗?
Can I join you in the living room?
我能加入你们(一起聊天)吗?
Iam very tired. I would like to go to my room. Is that alright?
我有点累了想先回房间休息,可以吗?
Could you show me how to lock the house, please?
您能给我演示一下怎样锁门吗?
Can you tell me how to catch the bus/train to school, please?
您能告诉我怎么样乘公车/ 火车去学校吗?
二、For the bathroom
What time/when can I use the shower?
我什么时间可以用浴室?
What is the best time for me to use the bathroom in the morning/evening?
我早上/ 晚上什么时间用浴室比较好?
Can I leave my toiletries in the bathroom?
我能把洗漱用品放在浴室里吗?
Can I have an extra towel please?
我能再要一条毛巾吗?
Can I have a clean towel, please?
我能要一条干净的毛巾吗?
三、For the kitchen/meals
What time does the family usually eat dinner/ breakfast?
晚餐/ 早餐是几点?
Can I store some food/fruit in the fridge,please?
我能在冰箱里放些食物/ 水果吗?
Can I help you with preparing dinner?
我能帮助你准备晚餐吗?
Can I help you to set the table?
我能帮助您准备餐桌吗?
Thank you for dinner. It was very good.
Can I help you with the dishes?
谢谢你的晚餐,非常好吃,我能帮助你洗碗吗?
Iam still a little bit hungry. Could I have more food, please?
我还是有点饿,能再来点吃的吗?
Iplan to eat in town with my friends tonight. Is that alright?
我今晚打算跟朋友在市中心一起吃晚饭,可以吗?
Iwill be home a bit later tonight. Please can you save me some dinner?
我今晚会晚一点回家,能帮我留一点晚餐吗?
Iwould like to cook some food for you.When is convenient for you?
我想为您做一些吃的,您什么时间方便?
四、Laundry
Can I wash my clothes, please?
我能洗衣服吗?
When is the best time for me to do my laundry?
我什么时候洗衣服比较合适?
Where can I hang my wet washing?
我的湿衣服需要晾在哪儿?
Is it possible to wash some small things by hand?
免责声明:以上内容文字或图片转载自互联网,不代表本网站赞同其观点和对其真实性负责,如果以上内容侵犯您的版权或者非授权发布请联系在线客服或发送邮件info@uhomes.com申请删除,谢谢。
相关知识
相关问题